Posts Tagged ‘Oak Harbor’
I don’t usually post about our office in particular, but I am awfully excited about our new construction taking place and wanted you, my blog readers, to be excited with me.
On February 19th, ground was broken to begin construction of our new 3,600 square foot building – and remodel of the existing building – that will allow Koetje Property Management and Coldwell Banker Koetje Real Estate to be located side by side. It may have been a blustery day but Coldwell Banker Koetje Brokers, friends and family turned out for the big event!
Located on the corner of Pioneer Way (aka the Pi-OH) and City Beach St, we like to think of ourselves as being the gateway to historic downtown Oak Harbor. Since it has been more than 40 years that any new construction has happened in this historic area, we are happy to be stirring community interest downtown on the Pi-OH and to help bring more people to its restaurants and shops.
Our new building and remodel is going to allow us room for our 22 Brokers, 8 additional offices for future Brokers, our 13 employees and for our Owners, Rick Schutte & Camden Schutte.
Quantum Construction, Inc has been making great headway despite the strong winds since they began four and a half weeks ago. We are excited to share the progress they have been making and will continue to blog with updates.
We are also flattered that the Whidbey News-Times wrote a wonderful article on our expansion, please click to read it here.
Each day technology becomes even more impressive as new tools, products and apps are rolled out that truly have a place in your daily life. It can be exciting and exhausting to try to find the ones that will benefit you. As a homebuyer, it can be overwhelming to narrow down all the choices. With that in mind, I’ve made my real estate website tech and mobile friendly in the hope that you will find the results you need in your search, however, when it comes to buying a home, these apps may of benefit to you as well.
Many of these apps are even offered free of charge, although they may request your location information in order to produce the results you desire. If you want more specific information or ideas on specialized apps for your tech devices, please give me a call so we can brainstorm on how I can help meet your real estate needs. In the meantime, though, check these out!
Not sure where you want to live?
- Nabewise Get to know neighborhoods in-depth, complete with pictures, reviews and ratings ond rankings on the things you care most about.
- GreatSchools Get to know local school options and read reviews by staff and parents of children attending the schools. Schools are also scored based on scores and ratings.
- Yelp Find the best restaurants, shopping, and entertainment in the area you are researching directly from the people who live there. A true “insider’s view.”
Trying to keep track of everything?
- Evernote Keep track of your buying process, including the information on homes you have seen, complete with your personal notes!
Want to compare?
- House Hunter This tool allows you to set priorities on your wants and needs and match them to homes you are considering with the feature list and also has a mortgage calculator built in.
- Trulia – Easy to use and even includes a help button! Depending on your mobile device, you can check and compare listings and even search by feature using your voice.
Looking for actual numbers?
- Zillow Zestimates and make me move allow you to get an idea of what homes cost on any street and even permit you to make offers to home owners who do not have their property for sale.
- Realtor.com Get stats on new homes, sold homes, and homes for sale easily and quickly, including price changes in any neighborhood.